Foreign Real People Getting Turkish Citizenship by Purchasing Real EstateHow to Get Citizenship in Turkey
Following the Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901; Turkish Citizenship can also be got by applying to the competent authority. It is a way that any foreigner who meets the conditions of application to the competent authority, can apply. Following Article 12, titled exceptional cases, it envisaged a special and facilitated process for some foreigners in the acquisition of Turkish citizenship. Although many changes made within the process in this context is quite easy for people who want changes made to invest in Turkey.
Legal changes made within the scope of Turkish Citizenship
- People determined by the Ministry of Industry and Technology, where they have invested at least 500.000 USD or equivalent foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira.
- People who purchase real property of 250.000 USD or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish Lira equivalent
- People determined by the ministry of family, labor and social services, where it creates employment for at least 50 people
- People determined by the Undersecretariat of Treasury, who purchased the deposit of at least 500.000 US Dollars or in exchange for foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira for three years.
- People determined by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance, which they purchased at least 500,000 US Dollars or equivalent foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira, for three years.
- Determined by the Capital Markets Board, where it purchases at least 500,000 USD or equivalent foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira amount of real estate investment fund participation share or venture capital investment fund participation share for at least three years.
People can get Turkish citizenship provided that they don’t have a situation that will prevent national security and public order.
In terms of getting Turkish citizenship through real estate acquisition; Following the subparagraph (b) of the second paragraph of Article 20 of the regulation, foreigners who fulfill the following criteria duly can get Turkish citizens by the decision of the President.
- It must purchase immovable property in Turkey at least in the amount of 250,000 US dollars.
- It is necessary to put an annotation for the sale of this property for three years.
- This commentary should be determined by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization.
- In addition to these conditions; To obtain Turkish citizenship exceptionally, according to Article 12 of the TVK, the person who wishes to have Turkish citizenship should not have an obstacle in terms of national security and public order.
NOTE: While determining the TL provision of the parallel value, the cash selling rate or the cross exchange rate of the Central Bank is taken as a basis. Transitivity is possible to complete the period specified in the investment types to be made under the second paragraph.
As a result, provided that there is no obstacle in terms of national security and public order, at least 250,000 USD of the immovable property is purchased, the person who bought it and every property determined by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization provided that it is not sold in the land registry for three years. Following Article 12 of the Turkish Citizenship Law; They apply to the Presidency and if their application is approved, they may qualify for Turkish citizenship by the President’s decision.